Ingredients: Western plains pork, salt, fennel seed, chilli, star anise.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bring pork to room temperature.
- Warm a heavy-based pan on medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Sear the pork, fat side down first for 2-3 mins. Then sear remaining sides.
- Transfer pork to an oven tray, skin side up and heat in the oven for 12 mins.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 mins before carving and serving.
Carve and serve with the crackling.
Recommended sides and sauces:
Sides: Baked broccoli, cauliflower and quinoa gratin
Sauces: Cider gravy